I’m wondering how many of you are looking at next year’s curriculum already? I know that I am. only because I have to get my ducks in order soon. I need to decide what we liked about this year and what we didn’t like. I will be ordering books as soon as we get the stimulus package from our gov. Since I am using my refund for closing on our house.
Things we liked:
- Saxon Math
- Sonlight’s Core for History, Readers, Read Alouds , Bible and some of the Science.
- Spelling Power
- MCP Word Study
- learning how to notebook
Things we didn’t like:
- Sonlight’s Lang. Arts~ too much work for a dyslexic child
- Wordly Wise 3000 ~ just a bit too hard yet.
- The things we didn’t like about Sonlight’s Science is that it jumps around a bit too much
- Landmark’s History text.
We will be doing Sonlight Core 4 in the fall with the following changes:
- Story of the World vols 3+4 instead of Landmark, as well as the coloring pages.
- Lifepacs for Noah’s Lang. Arts.
- Exploring Creation~ Astronomy in addition to SL Core Science.
Well, that is the beginning of our curriculum for next year. What are you planning?